Nowadays Data Room systems for office automation, document management, and other business processes of enterprises and institutions are widely represented in the software market. Here is more about its functionality and architecture Virtual Data Room.
Why do we use Virtual Data Room?
The formation of market relations is accompanied by the intensive introduction of automated management information systems in medium and small enterprises. Large enterprises either develop their systems or implement integrated corporate systems based on virtual technology. Virtual Data Room software is a powerful solution for any business structure. The software ensures a secure digital repository and collaborative workspace for organizing business interaction.
The need to use automated systems and information technology to improve the effectiveness of financial control over management decisions in the enterprise is due to the following factors:
- significant amounts of enterprise information that must be processed;
- requirements for the speed and quality of inspections;
- the complexity of control procedures;
- the specifics and variety of objects of inspection;
- a cyclical technological process of control;
- the need for rapid and complete detection of errors.
Online Data Rooms are automated or modular programs that are based on the management, structuring of an organization’s information storage. Thanks to modern solutions and equipment, each enterprise can move to a new level of functioning. They are actively used in the business environment. A unique software product designed to manage the resources and work processes of the company.
Virtualized Data center architecture
By architecture, Data Room systems are divided into modular and with a single structure. A single architecture provides some advantages – easy configuration and quick installation. The individual blocks that are part of a single structure closely interact with each other. This allows you to establish additional protection against the occurrence of critical errors.
From the point of view of the functions performed, the Virtual Data Room architecture includes modules that implement the following actions:
- the data entry module is required to enter the initial information into the electronic document management system. This information can come from various sources: paper documents, scanners, mail, online – forms, etc. This module provides the receipt and initial processing of data.
- indexing module. It provides registration and organization of data. With its help, the electronic document management system can organize the storage and search of the necessary documents following the needs of users.
- document processing module. After entering the data into the system, they must be processed and saved for further work. This module provides the distribution of information and documents according to specified rules.
- access control module. Due to this module, the distribution of information and documents to users is ensured. Each user of the system can work only with the set of documents that he needs.
- the routing module is necessary for organizing work with documents. In this module, the rules for the movement and processing of documents are set. To create routes for the movement of documents, workflow processes must be previously defined.
- system integration module. As a rule, electronic document management systems work in conjunction with other management systems. The system integration module provides data transfer between such systems.
- module for storing documents and data. This module implements the functions of a document database. Due to this module, storage, archiving, restoration, and backup of documents are provided.